View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Chucky Atkins i Maceo Baston U Pistonsima on Tue Sep 29 2009, 09:16

Zola

Chairman
Chairman
The Detroit Pistons have signed former Michigan forward Maceo Baston and veteran guard Chucky Atkins, a former Piston, on the eve of training camp. The deals are not guaranteed, meaning the players have to make the team to earn their salary.

Baston, 33, appeared in 27 games with Indiana last season, averaging 2.5 points and 1.9 rebounds in 8.0 minutes per game.

Atkins, 35, who spent four seasons with Detroit (2000-04), returns after averaging 3.1 points, 0.8 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 12.9 minutes over 32 games with Denver last season. In 265 games with the Pistons, the 5-foot-11 guard averaged 10.0 points and 3.5 assists.

He has a small shot of making the team because as there are only two point guards, in Stuckey and Bynum, but since he has battled injuries for the last couple of seasons and was released by the Timberwolves right before the start of training camp, he’s just happy to be here.

“For me to think I’m going to be released a couple of days before training camp starts and come here and compete for significant minutes would be sort of crazy,” Atkins said.

Pistons training camp starts with two-a-day practices Tuesday.

View user profile http://www.nba-serbia.net

Strax

Administrator
Administrator
Chuck Atkins je bio solidan dok je igrao u Nuggestima...može on pomoci Pistonsima ove sezone...svojim iskustvom prvenstveno....

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum