3.Timi
4.Juing
5.Iverson
AleksaTebra
Chicago Bulls

Re: Off-Court - dešavanja van terena

on Mon Jul 23 2012, 11:59
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kakav mu je otac,on je jos i dobrica,ima 29 dece.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Legolas
Boston Celtics

on Mon Jul 23 2012, 21:17
ala covek stancuje Smile
4evaStK
Los Angeles Lakers
http://www.youtube.com/user/AllGodMix

on Mon Jul 23 2012, 21:58
Facepalm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lawson
Denver Nuggets

on Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:13
Pa nece valjda ovako da bude Shocked Shocked zar nije samo ova s prednje strane?
airvucko
Los Angeles Lakers

on Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:50
Nece biti ovako...al brate ovo treba da protestvuju i igraci i navijaci Smile
LeBron
Cleveland Cavaliers

on Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:54
Stvarno ne kapiram zbog cega se pravi ovolika frka. Totalno je svejedno...
Jaz
Los Angeles Clippers

on Mon Jul 23 2012, 22:56
Tradicija je u pitanju. Ne mora bas svaka da se rusi zbog para.
Mr. Striko
Brooklyn Nets

on Tue Jul 24 2012, 01:44
Jaz wrote:Tradicija je u pitanju. Ne mora bas svaka da se rusi zbog para.

ali totalno si u pravu...gluposti su ovo....sve sto je bilo lijepo otislo je bestraga zbog novca..sutra cemo i na Vimbldonu vidjeti Djokovicu reklamu preko ledja ..AUTOPREVOZ-Kraljevo...zato sto su mu oni za to dali najvise novca
johnny24
Los Angeles Clippers

on Tue Jul 24 2012, 15:59
Ma samo tako, sve pare u Sternov dzep TRPAJ TRPAJ.
nellepb
Memphis Grizzlies

on Wed Aug 22 2012, 18:58
Jumpman
Miami Heat
http://www.nba-serbia.net

on Fri Aug 31 2012, 20:48
jako kul Very Happy
Jumpman
Miami Heat

on Sat Sep 01 2012, 04:11
Career earnings: Erick Dampier $98M; Michael Jordan $90M.
SN10
Phoenix Suns

on Sat Sep 01 2012, 04:13
pa dampier je 3 puta kvalitetniji igrac tako da je to i logicno
Sky
San Antonio Spurs

on Sat Sep 01 2012, 09:58
Jaz
Los Angeles Clippers

on Mon Sep 03 2012, 01:01
Prva stvar na nba.com: Top 10 potezi Charlotte Bobcatsa Laughing
airvucko
Los Angeles Lakers

on Mon Sep 03 2012, 01:33
A u ovim platama JJ i R Lewis jebase kevu... Very Happy
Jumpman
Miami Heat

on Tue Sep 04 2012, 03:28
Michael Jordan earned 630K in 1985. Today Kobe earns that every 7 quarters.
airvucko
Los Angeles Lakers

on Tue Sep 04 2012, 16:43
Can NBA Players Rap? This is serious. Our NBA stars have hit the recording studio with an album entitled ‘Full Court Press: Volume 1′ and feature players Stephen Jackson, Trevor Ariza, Baron Davis, Glen Davis, Shawn Marion, Josh Smith, Carlos Boozer and Lamar Odom. You can check out a preview of the album here: [url=http://nbasetalk.com/archives/9854 ][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [/url] al ce da rolaaa... banana3
LeBron
Cleveland Cavaliers

on Tue Sep 04 2012, 16:59

Ariza mi deluje Respekt! .
Jumpman
Miami Heat

on Tue Sep 04 2012, 17:03
a realno pitaj kurac ko im je pisao tekstove XD bas me zanima na sta ce da lici ovo ali imam jako los predosecaj Very Happy
LeBron
Cleveland Cavaliers

on Thu Sep 06 2012, 22:16
Ajzea Tomas napredovao sa 464. na 150. mesto ESPN-ove liste. Clap
Legolas
Boston Celtics

on Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:38
Nemanja LeBron wrote:

Ariza mi deluje Respekt! .

Uuuu! Shocked
airvucko
Los Angeles Lakers

on Fri Sep 07 2012, 01:02
Kolka je ovaj Baby Davis kurcina to je neverovatno... kafa
Jumpman
Miami Heat

on Sun Sep 09 2012, 04:33
veoma zanimljiv tekst. koga mrzi da procita (verovatno sve) neka bar pogleda slike i prokomentarise a ako mu nesto ne bude jasno, u tekstu je sve lepo objasnjeno.

Projecting future Hall of Famers

In Pro Basketball Prospectus 2010-11, I introduced a framework for identifying potential Hall of Famers based strictly on a player's work in the NBA. Of course, there are plenty of inductees in the Basketball Hall of Fame for other reasons, such as an outstanding college career (Ralph Sampson, Bill Walton), international prowess (Arvydas Sabonis) or success in the women's game (Ann Meyers). There are coaches, officials, owners, general managers and other contributors, including James Naismith himself. So there are lots of paths to the basketball hall, and for some it's a combination of factors that lead to enshrinement.

More and more, however, the focus is on the NBA part of the equation. The pioneers have been inducted, as have most of the best players who straddled leagues around the time the ABA and NBA merged. The WNBA ensures that women will continue to get their due recognition, as will those who shine overseas. So it will never be an NBA Hall of Fame per se, but with elite players spending less time than ever at the college level, it's that league that is going to generate the most candidates.

The NBA is also the one league for which we can do a thorough analytical vetting of candidates because of the completeness of data we have to work with, especially for the post-merger NBA, when we have enough information to calculate possession statistics. That's led to the development of terrific bottom-line metrics like Kevin Pelton's WARP system, which is what I use for my research into questions regarding Hall worthiness. WARP is calculated back to the 1979-80 season, when the 3-point rule was instituted, thus giving us all the elements needed for the metric's formula.

In the aforementioned essay, my research indicated that at about 100 career WARP, a player enters the Hall of Fame conversation. Of retired players at that level or better, just under half (47.6 percent) have been enshrined in Springfield. And it is a conversation ... there are a lot of non-statistical factors to consider. Joe Dumars played his entire career in the WARP era and finished with just 59 career WARP. But we know that he was considered one the league's top individual defenders during most of his 14 NBA seasons and was a key player to two championship teams. If he had not already been voted into the Hall, we'd now have his body of work as an NBA executive to consider as well.

These extraneous things matter in the process, which is why the statistical portion of the debate is only a jumping off point. But let's go ahead and make that leap, looking at a couple of tiers of potential Hall of Famers among active players.

To spice up the debate, I've incorporated the five-year WARP projections I did before the season. So we won't be looking at the players by the numbers they've accumulated to date, but how they may look five years from now.

The no-brainers

According to the retired players portion of my database, it's clear that 150 WARP marks a nice, clean delineation, where there really is no debate regarding a player's performance record. There 15 retired players that have hit that mark and just two of them aren't in the Hall: Shaquille O'Neal and Gary Payton.
O'Neal is of course an upper, upper crust Hall of Famer, who belongs in the rare circle of legends including the likes of Michael Jordan, Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, etc. Payton will be eligible next year, and I'd peg him as a sure-fire first ballot candidate with his 184 career WARP, except thatReggie Miller rolled up 172 and had to wait a year. Either way, "The Glove" will get in there sooner rather than later.

Right now, there are 14 players on target to hit 150 WARP within the next five seasons. If that seems like a lot, I'll repeat something I've written many times: Due to the explosion of the international game, the popularity of basketball in the U.S. and the gradual increase in the number of NBA franchises over the last 40 years, there are more good, and great, professional players than at any point in the game's history. There is no doubt in my mind that every one of the 14 in the chart to the right will end up in Springfield.

LeBron James will have reached the end of his long, glorious peak (which we liberally define as the 10 seasons between the ages of 23 and 32) in five years. If he called a news conference today and announced his retirement, he'd be a first-ballot Hall of Famer with 191 WARP. If he meets his five-year projections, he'll surpass John Stockton's mark of 302 career WARP. His projected 22.5 WARP per season will dwarf the best numbers in that category, which is headed up by David Robinson (17.7) and Jordan (17.6). His 23.9 WARP per peak season will easily beat Robinson's 20.7.

From here out, James is in a race not for the Hall of Fame, but to be considered the game's best player ever. Don't scoff based on what you think of James today. Check back with me five years from now.

Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, Paul Pierce, Steve Nashand Ray Allen have already hit the magical 150 barrier, so despite the fact that their performance will taper off in their golden years, they are already Springfield-bound. Chris Paul certainly seems to be on a trajectory that will land him first-ballot status, barring injury. He and Dwyane Wade, Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol still have some work to do but are projected to get there. Gasol, if he were to fall off a cliff performance-wise, has the most tenuous status on this list.

Kevin Durant is fascinating because he's just five years into his career and has completed only two of his peak seasons. He stands at 60 WARP through last season, a number which if he were never to add it, wouldn't get him to Springfield. But only James has more projected WARP than Durant's 113 over the next half-decade, which would put KD squarely in the no-brainer class.

And, best of all, he'll still have three peak seasons left to add to the total, plus whatever the downside of his career yields. It will be fascinating to see just how high Durant rises in these rankings. He has no ceiling.

Up for debate

There are lots of names that have already popped in your head that are missing from the above inventory of no-brainers. I'm going to list the 24 players who project to hit 100 career WARP where, as I mentioned, the debate begins. Some of these players will get in, others won't.

We'll have to leave these debates for the years ahead, but these are the players to watch. In the chart (above right) I've listed them in order of projected career WARP for five years down the line, along with the percentage chance that the number gets the player to the Hall, depending some of the other factors we've already mentioned.

The presence of some of these players on a Hall of Fame list will seem silly five years from now. Others might be firmly established as no-brainers.

Again, and I can't emphasize this enough, the numbers are just the jumping-off point. Derrick Rose (85 projected WARP in five years) andCarmelo Anthony (104) fans especially should remember that.

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum